About This Blog!

Welcome To My Place!

Welcome to my place on the web! This Blog is dedicated to share my many hobbies, projects, and personal thoughts with you! If you want to gi...

Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Newsletter (1) New Project In The Works!

 

                                                                                                                          

                                 New Project In The Works!

I use to have my own internet radio station until Pirate radio went out of buissness! So I decided to check into Audio server software free, and paid. I tried several times to get Ampache to install with no luck!! It use to install with no issuess; But the new version has a lot of bugs in the install process. Then i tought Icecast, which is way to complicated, and lacks the Admin interface I am use to. Sockso was an option; But the  software is depricated, and no longer being developed.

My final attempt to find a server solution led me to Madsonic Media Server. The free version is very basic, and lacks the robust features of the paid version! So I ended up purchasing a one time subscription to have access to the full version. It blows Ampache away! I was thinking of doing a pirate radio station on the net with music, and some talk (Interviews) with various people on a varity of subjects. I still have to come up with a name for the radio station, and configure all the server features before launching it!

Here are some screenshots of the server web interface. Its extremly packed full of goodies to configure, and play with in the paid version of the software.  I have not come up with a name for the project yet.



The goals are simple; They are

1) To install, and configure the media server on my server.

2) To setup basic info about the radio station

3) Test it live

4) Finally work on radio content, and publish it live.

Note: I am not going to dedicate my server just yet! I want to see how it goes first; Then if everything goes smoothly I will Dedicate My server fully to the project. I think i will start broadcasting on the weekend at nightime at first, I am not certain of the schedual yet. I will post it on its own page on this blog, and keep it up to date.

If you have any suggesstions on what the talk / interviews should be about or with who please leave a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave feedback! No Account needed.