About This Blog!

Welcome To My Place!

Welcome to my place on the web! This Blog is dedicated to share my many hobbies, projects, and personal thoughts with you! If you want to gi...

Popular Posts

Monday, April 25, 2022

My Internet Radio Project

 

      @Lantis Network Radio


 Well its been trail and error: But I finally got the radio station up and running!

I used A mashup of different software to get it done.

1) ice cast as the stream server (free)

2) rocket broadcaster as the stream publisher / music player catcher (Free)

Players and Other Tools Used:

1) masonic server for straight playlists (free)

2) Zulu dj mixer for special effects (paid)

3) Acustica audio mixer for heavy lifting when it comes to editing files (paid)

The hardest part was to get my Verizon router to work with the server. It just didn't want to let me broadcast! It was a lot of hit, and miss configuring the router to let my server through to be able to connect to my public IP address. 

The worst software i tried was the Broadwave stream server!! Its a paid software that does not allow anything but microphone recording which sucks considering it costs over a hundred bucks! Defiantly not worth the money!

My server is not going to be dedicated: So I will only broadcasting live certain days, and hours. But I will post on this blog so you can tune in, and get the updated hours in which it will broadcast. 

If you want help with your radio project let me know. Also The radio station will be dedicated to all music from any genre, and era. Wright now I'm working on a format for shows. If you have any ideas for topics post a comment thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave feedback! No Account needed.